Saturday, January 16, 2010

Swine Flu Update!

As I end day three of being sick of the swine flu (temp down to 99*F, keeping down solid food, should no longer be contagious tomorrow) I realize that I spent most of my waking hours in front of the computer, and most of those hours on google reader, and I'm STILL 313 items away from being "caught up" (if there is such a thing). On the brink of my busiest semester yet, and my final one before completing my undergrad, I clearly need to reduce my usage of google reader. But what is the appropriate manner to do so? Delete my most active feeds? Unfollow my most active friends? Remove my most interesting feeds? Or perhaps the most dramatic move of all, quit using google reader entirely? I do not deny that I have become a google reader addict. I check it compulsively, I open every single story before deciding whether it warrants a skim or a full on tea-sipping read. I've become so well informed of the news, that I can't recall the last time I had a conversation with a coworker or classmate about current events that I actually found interesting or even so much acquired a scrap of new information.

So tell me my google reader followers (since you're the only ones who ever see this blog) what would you do?

Or perhaps I'm falsely blaming the issue on google reader, and my real problem is with general time management, I am after all, writing this at 3am. Why don't we compare statistics and see:
From your 64 subscriptions, over the last 30 days you read 3,634 items,starred 35 items, shared 294 items, and emailed 0 items.

No comments:

Post a Comment